This project is read-only.

I tried to run VixCOMWrapper.dll through wcf service on 64 bit vista machine but couldn’t

Sep 9, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Hello,

I made a wcf service to automate the VMware workstation 6.5 tasks remotely using VIX API(using the VixCOMWrapper.dll), on 32 bit vista machine the service is running fine. But on 64 bit vista machine the service throws an soap exception. When i check the the service using wfcTestclient it throws the exception that System.BadImageFormatEcxeption even though i used x86 as target platform from configrution manager. if I change solution configurations from Debug to New it throw the exception that VixCOMWrapper.dll not found. but I already add the reference of this dll. Interesting part is that when i make one simple console application to automate the vmware workstation 6.5 using the same VixCOMWrapper.dll it works fine on 64 bit vista machine. How can i send u my code?

So can u help me in this problem.

Best regrads Papapa

Sep 9, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Hi!

I have no 64bit machine available, so I can't test this specific problem.

Are you sure that you have set the Platform target to x86 in the Build tab from the Project's settings?

In this blog post it's described in more detail: http://www.hanselman.com/blog/BackToBasics32bitAnd64bitConfusionAroundX86AndX64AndTheNETFrameworkAndCLR.aspx

Best regards,
Alex